MK Spring 2021 Photo Contest
Our photo contest welcomes San Diego photographers of all skill levels to submit through Instagram. A new theme is announced prior to each contest. The popular vote winner has the unique opportunity to sell prints through the gallery. More details below. Best of luck sharp shooters!
Spring Contest opens 2.12.2021!
Submissions will be accepted from San Diego County, Orange County, and LA County residents. The six semi-finalists will be announced on 3.26.2021.
MK's Spring 2021 Photo Contest Theme is: Night Photography!
ABOUT THE THEME:
Night Photography - For the nocturnal and long exposure lovers. Capturing night shots can pose a challenge for those who prefer natural sunlight to shoot, but it will be quite an exciting challenge! All submitted images must be taken AFTER the sun has gone down. Whether it's nature/landscapes brightened up by the starry sky, or urban cityscapes with the utmost light pollution, we want to see your skills (and patience) with a slow shutter!
INFO + DATES:
Spring 2021 Contest Theme: Night Photography
Scroll to the bottom of the page for some night photography inspiration!
- Submissions accepted 2/12/2021 - 3/21/2021 via Instagram
- Six RUNNERS UP are selected to be displayed in the gallery, printed and displayed by MK
- Voting open to gallery patrons beginning in April 2021
- BIG SHOT WINNER: Popular vote winner will enter into an Art Consignment Agreement with MK to sell their winning piece in the gallery for the following Quarter.
- Submissions must be made by actual photographer
- Photographer must be 18 years or older
- Photographer must currently reside in San Diego County, Riverside County, or LA County
- Simply choose your finest shot within the theme and hashtag #MKSpring2021Contest
- Limit one submission per participant
- Optional: Include your name and/or photography-related business name
- Submissions must be landscape/nature images (natural scenery- can include cityscapes and manmade structures)
- Entrants must be able to provide a high resolution version of the submitted image (minimum 12 megapixels)
- MK reserves the right to withdraw submissions that do not meet the minimum image file size requirements
- Be sure to follow us on Instagram (instagram.com/mk_envision/) to catch our announcements of the winners!
- 6 RUNNERS UP finalists announced 3/26/2021
- MK Envision Galleries will be assuming all production aspects of the prints including printing, mounting, framing and displaying for the duration of the contest
- The photographer holds all copyrights to their image. The contest winner will be entering into a contract with MK including explicit intentions and parameters of the production and sale of their work
- Popular vote BIG SHOT WINNER has the option to enter into an Art Consignment Agreement with MK for the following exhibit term (details disclosed to winner)
READY TO TRY YOUR LUCK?
Log into your Instagram and hashtag your picture with #MKSpring2021Contest
CONGRATULATIONS 2020 SUMMER BIG SHOT WINNER @joseph.giacalonephoto with winning image California Love Summer Sunset. Now available for purchase online!
Night Photography Inspiration: