MK Winter 2019 Photo Contest
Our photo contest welcomes San Diego photographers of all skill levels to submit through Instagram. A new theme is announced prior to each contest.
The popular vote winner has the unique opportunity to sell prints through the gallery. More details below. Best of luck sharp shooters!
We're getting creative for this one folks, and we hope you like the challenge! Thanks to our resident theme-brainstormer and sales associate, Vee, our theme for this winter is duotone.
"While duotones are a modern trend, the duotone effect has a long history in design. And despite its limited color scheme, it can have hundreds of incarnations, from the understated to the eclectic, and has unlimited creative potential..." - Jamal Johnson of 99designs
For more information on the duotone effect, we recommend the following article: The Duotone Effect: what it is and how to create a duotone design
- Winter 2019/2020 Quarter Theme: DUOTONE ("having or yielding two tones or colors")
- Submissions accepted 11/22/19 - 1/10/20 via Instagram
- Six RUNNERS UP are selected to be displayed in the gallery, printed and displayed by MK
- Voting open to gallery patrons from 2/1/20 - 4/19/20
- BIG SHOT WINNER: Popular vote winner will enter into an Art Consignment Agreement with MK to sell their winning piece in the gallery for the following Quarter.
- Submissions must be made by actual photographer
- Photographer must be 18 years or older
- Photographer must currently reside in San Diego County
- Simply choose your finest shot within the theme and hashtag #MKWinter2019Contest
- Limit one submission per participant
- Optional: Include your name and/or photography-related business name
- Submissions must be landscape images (natural scenery- can include cityscapes and manmade structures; people and animals cannot be the subject)
- Entrants must be able to provide a high resolution version of the submitted image (minimum 12 megapixels)
- MK reserves the right to withdraw submissions that do not meet the minimum image file size requirements
- Be sure to follow us on Instagram (instagram.com/mk_envision/) to catch our announcements of the winners!
- 6 RUNNERS UP finalists announced 1/17/20
- MK Envision Galleries will be assuming all production aspects of the prints including printing, mounting, framing and displaying for the duration of the contest. All images will be produced as an 11x14" print, and as such may need to be cropped to fit these parameters.
- The photographer holds all copyrights to their image. The contest winner will be entering into a contract with MK including explicit intentions and parameters of the production and sale of their work
- Popular vote winner announced 4/24/19
- Winner to enter into Art Consignment Agreement with MK for the following exhibit term (details disclosed to winner)
READY TO TRY YOUR LUCK?
Log into your Instagram and hashtag your picture with #MKWinter2019Contest
Congratulations to the 2019 Spring Big Shot Winner Sandra Kourah with her image Endless Light. Now available for purchase online or in gallery!